Details of upcoming India Super League 2018-2019
The Indian Super League is known to be one of the top Indian football leagues since 2013. The upcoming ISL 2018-2019 season would see certain changes in player regulations compared to the previous seasons. This includes the number of foreign players included and a reduction in the salary of players. It is scheduled to start soon around November predicting the previous year’s schedule as the league started from 17th November 2017.
Reforms in player regulations of ISL 2018-2019
- It has been declared that each club should have a 22-man squad which exactly seven foreign players. In addition to this, each club would be given provision to add up to 25 players. But the limitation on the foreign remains constant. Therefore, in case the club has to register for new players, it has to be an Indian player. Further, it has been declared that the players will have to sign the deal via open market as the system for the domestic draft would be withdrawn after ISL 5. This declaration further indicates that only 18 Indian payers would be allowed on the team with two development players in the team.
Also, it has been made necessary for the clubs to acquire the approval of the foreign players. They are also allowed to take one player from a country which is part of the Asian Football Confederation or AFC.
- The Marquee player concept is also valid in the current season of ISL And according to this if a club decides to include a marquee player, his salary shall not be estimated within the salary cap. The concept remains identical even if the player has been approved by ISL.
- While considering foreign players, the ones who have played for 1000 minutes in the last season of the game would automatically be approved for the current season. Relating to injury purpose of any foreign player, as per rules, he will have to stay out of action for two months. In addition, the injured player can also be permanently replaced with the league’s consent.
- A considerable reduction is also seen in the salary structure of both Indian and foreign players. The salary cup reduces from 18 Crore to 17.5 Crore. On the one hand, transfer fees for the purpose of player purchases would be added, and on the other, the received fees would be reduced from the salary slot.
- In the fifth season of ISL, the concept of reserve and youth teams would be continued, and the clubs should have both the teams consisting of players other than the ones included in the main group. It has also been stated that the clubs can change the players after the fifth ISL and this indicates that any Indian player can either be excluded or included in the existing team.
In the 2018-2019 session of Indian Super League, 10 teams have been selected with two new teams in the group. They are Bengaluru FC and Jamshedpur FC. The other 8 teams are listed further.
- Chennaiyin FC
- Atlético de Kolkata
- Delhi Dynamos FC
- FC Pune City
- FC Goa
- Kerala Blasters FC
- NorthEast United FC
- Mumbai City FC
Visit indianfootballfans.org to know more.